The Old Boys AFC Inc was founded in 1959 by a small group of Southland Boys High School Old Boys – hence the name Old Boys. In 1960 the old Brigadiers AFC clubrooms were purchased at Waverley Park. The attractive clubrooms at Waverley Park were built by volunteer labour and were completed in 1979. These modern well equipped facilities provide an excellent playing and training venue, as well as a relaxed atmosphere for after match functions.
From modest beginnings the club has risen to be Southland’s most progressive club.